Motor Vehicle Insurance
We’ll get you back on the road in no time
The Capricornian provides Motor Vehicle insurance through CGU, protecting you should something happen to your car, trailer or horse float. You’ll be covered anywhere you drive in Australia and we determine the premium paid by taking in to account who’s driving the vehicle and you have the option to reduce your premiums restricting the age an number of drivers of the car (nominated driver) and combining this with driving the car less than 10,000 kms in a year (nominated driver low kilometre).
Choose from three levels of cover available to Capricornian members:
- Comprehensive Insurance – cover for cars, trailers or horse floats.
- Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance – cover for fire and theft to your own vehicle and/or damage you may cause to someone else’s.
- Third Party Only Insurance – cover for the damage that you cause to another person’s vehicle or property.
- Option of fortnightly or monthly payments at no extra cost
- No-Claim Bonus (NCB) protection. Your no-claim bonus is automatically protected for 1 at-fault claim during a period of insurance without affecting your NCB after 2 consecutive years claim free with CGU. You must have held your maximum no claim bonus for those 2 years
- 21 day money back guarantee
- Option to increase your excess to reduce your premium
Motor Vehicle Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. In offering these products, The Capricornian acts under its own Australian Financial Services Licence and under an agreement with the insurers, CGU. This is general information only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (‘your personal circumstances’). In arranging this insurance The Capricornian Limited acts as an intermediary for CGU, not as your agent. The Capricornian Limited does not guarantee any claim or benefit payable under the insurance policy. We receive commission on insurance products details can be found in our Conditions of Use brochure. Before making decisions about any of these insurance products you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your circumstances and the applicable Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), available at any Capricornian branch or by calling 1300 314 900 The Capricornian Ltd ABN 54 087 650 940 AFSL / ACL No. 246780.