Car loans for the lifestyle you desire
Whether upgrading your vehicle, adventuring off-road in your four-wheel drive, or having fun on the water in your dream boat or jet ski, The Capricornian’s secured personal loan options could be your answer!
- Available to individuals*
- No annual or monthly loan fees
- Application fee of $250 applies
- No early payout fees
- Additional repayments without penalty
- Redraw facility available via online banking or the Cap App**
- Flexible repayment options: weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Minimum Loan Amount $3,000 – Maximum Loan Amount $100,000
Product information is applicable to both fully secured and partially secured personal loan products.
|Variable Interest Rate
|Comparison Rate 1
|Fully secured personal loan (up to 7 years)
|Partially secured personal loan (up to 5 years)
Rates effective from 13/11/2023
Fully Secured Personal Loan Purpose:
• Seeking a loan to purchase a brand new motor vehicle, motor bike, boat, jet ski, caravan and/or a motor home; registered with Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR).
• Are able and willing to offer the item purchased as acceptable security for the loan, so as to secure the fully secured personal loan interest rate – security value must be more or equivalent to the value of the loan.
Partially Secured Personal Loan Purpose:
• Are seeking a loan for a worthwhile purpose including to make a purchase or to consolidate an existing debt;
• Are able and willing to offer acceptable security of a used vehicle totaling at least the value of the loan, so as to secure the partially secured personal loan interest rate;
• For property registered with Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR); used vehicle cannot be more than 7 years old.
Credit eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply. The Capricornian Ltd. ABN 54 087 650 940. AFSL/Australian Credit Licence 246780.
Secured and unsecured personal loan products available to individuals only. *Product not available to business customers.
**In branch redraw fee of $30 applies.
No ongoing monthly or annual fees for the duration of the loan.
¹This comparison rate is based on a secured loan of $30,000 over five (5) years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. Interest rate will be based on a number of factors, including the information provided, ability to offer acceptable security where value is more or equivalent to the value of the loan and the assessment of the application.
Consider the relevant Target Market Determination (TMD).
You are eligible to apply for a personal loan if you are over 18 years of age, live in Central Queensland (SA4), are a permanent resident in Australia and meet the credit assessment criteria for the product. If you are not an existing Capricornian Member, it is necessary to become a member before the loan is approved.
In order to assess your loan application, we require:
- Personal Identification
- Income verification
- Evidence of liabilities and assets
View other requirements on this information sheet.
You can make repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly, provided your minimum monthly repayment amount has been paid into the loan by the due date.
Yes, you can make extra repayments as often as you like, without penalty.
Your loan approval is valid for two (2) months from the date the approval is provided, as long as the details provided on your original application have not changed. (e.g. you are still with the same employer).
Tips to get in the know
Bank With a Local: Five Reasons To Switch To The Capricornian
Looking for a banking experience that’s tailored to you? At The Capricornian, we’ve crafted a seamless process to make switching financial institutions hassle-free and personalised. 1. We Keep You In Mind At The Capricornian, we start your journey with a genuine conversation about your goals and banking preferences. Whether you’re saving for a dream holiday, […]
How to create a budget
Mention the word “budget” to most people and their eyes glaze over with visions of spreadsheets, ring binders and those little leftover pages in cheque books. Not to mention the fact that the word “budget” is inextricably linked with a whole lot of depressing adjectives, like “cheap”, “sensible” and even “stingy”. But the truth is, […]
Community Sponsorship – Rockhampton Agricultural Show 2022
Celebrating a successful Rockhampton Agricultural Show 2022! In June of each year, the city of Rockhampton is filled with the smell of dagwood dogs, hot chips, farm animals, and the sound of screams and laughter coming from amusement rides. The 2022 Rockhampton Agricultural Show took place from the 8th – 10th of June and did […]
How to save for a ‘Rainy Day’
No matter your circumstance, having an emergency fund that you can tap into when you’re hit by a surprise financial shock can be a lifesaver (literally). Your ‘Rainy Day’ fund is a pool of money that you can access if something goes wrong or you get unexpectedly smacked with an unforeseen expense – like losing […]