We’re there when you need us
- If you get sick or injured we’ll provide cover for the ambulance, hospital and surgery while travelling overseas.
- If your stuff is lost or stolen we’ll cover the costs for luggage, cameras, clothes and more.
- If there’s an emergency we’re here on the phone 24/7 and ready to help.
- Overseas medical: If you need unexpected medical or emergency dental treatment while overseas, we’ll cover you.
- Cancellations: If you need to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances, we’ll refund your prepaid flights and accommodation.
- Rental vehicle cover: If you have an accident in your rental car, we’ll cover the vehicle’s insurance excess (only available on some plans).
- Travel disruptions: If you lose your passport, have an accident or the weather goes bananas, we’ll cover accommodation and travel expenses.
Read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for a full list of product features.
Cover for every type of traveller
Whether it’s your first trip ever or just your first trip this year, we’ve got you sorted.
- Backpackers and first-timers
- Experienced travellers
Your travel cover, your way: make it your own
There are four levels of cover to suit your needs and budget:
- Platinum: top-level cover with unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs, unlimited emergency expenses in certain circumstances and many other great benefits
- Premium: mid-level cover, including unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs and many other benefits
- Essentials: affordable basic cover that includes unlimited unexpected overseas hospital and medical costs
- Annual Multi-Trip: Platinum level cover for multiple international trips within 12 months
When you’re travelling around Australia, you’ll enjoy your trip more knowing you have cover for:
- cancelled or rescheduled plans if due to unforeseen circumstances
- damaged or lost luggage and travel documents
- certain emergency expenses
- accidental death and disability in certain circumstances
Hitting the slopes? Get peace of mind with optional extra cover for snow holidays including:
- costs for hiring your skis or board if yours is damaged in transit
- medical cover if you have a skiing accident
- emergency dental cover
- replacement of your snow equipment if yours is lost, damaged or stolen
If you’re heading on a cruise, we have optional cruise cover available for your grand voyage. You’ll get:
- cover for every country you visit – when you list each on your policy
- medical and emergency dental cover if you have an accident
- costs for returning home if it’s deemed medically necessary
- cover for cancelled or rescheduled extra activities and day trips
- replacement of certain items that are lost, stolen or damaged
Optional extras for valuables
If you’re taking important possessions with you, we’ll cover the replacement of items such as:
- ski and snowboarding gear
- golf clubs
Conditions apply to all cover types. Please see the PDS for full terms and conditions.
Got questions about travel insurance? We’ve got the answer to some common questions here.
Insurance you can trust
Every day, thousands of Australians trust The Capricornian Travel Insurance.
Making a claim
We’re ready if you need to claim. Call us on 13 24 80 (international +61 2 8895 0698) and our claims consultants will help you all along the way.
Backed by CGU
We’re backed by CGU, one of Australia’s most trusted insurers, with more than 165 years of experience.
We believe in contributing to our local communities, and we’ve raised thousands of dollars for worthy causes.
Disclaimer: Travel Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. In offering these products, The Capricornian acts under its own Australian Financial Services Licence and under an agreement with the insurers, CGU. This is general information only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (‘your personal circumstances’). In arranging this insurance The Capricornian Limited acts as an intermediary for CGU, not as your agent. The Capricornian Limited does not guarantee any claim or benefit payable under the insurance policy. We receive commission on insurance products details can be found in our Conditions of Use brochure. Before making decisions about any of these insurance products you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your circumstances and the applicable Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) available at any Capricornian branch or by calling 1300 314 900. The Capricornian Ltd ABN 54 087 650 940 AFSL / ACL No. 246780.