Online Banking

1300 314 900 Find a Branch

Find the right motor vehicle insurance for you

Whether you’re just looking for basic cover or you want to give your pride and joy the protection it deserves, we have a range of options for you.

Choosing insurance can be tricky, and it’s important to find a policy that works for you. Insurance through The Capricornian can help you rest easy knowing you’re covered in case something goes wrong.

Policy conditions, limitations and exclusions apply to all cover types. Please see the PDS for full terms and conditions

If you have a standard policy, your car’s covered for most people driving it (there are a few exceptions and excesses that can apply).

If you have a Nominated Driver policy, drivers under 25 aren’t covered (except learners accompanied by a fully licensed driver over the age of 25). Also, if someone is driving and they’re not listed on your Nominated Driver policy, you’ll pay a higher excess if you make a claim.

Make sure you’ve read the PDS before you let someone else drive your car.

We will base your premium on the policy type, level of cover, options you have chosen, whether you have nominated a market or agreed value for your vehicle, any excesses or special conditions that apply, and on the value of your vehicle, if there are any modifications, manufacturers options or accessories, where your vehicle is kept, and what your vehicle is used for.

Your premium is also affected by the age, driving experience and claims history of the drivers.

The fastest way to see how much your insurance costs and look at your options is to get a quick quote.

Comprehensive Insurance offers the most cover for you and your car if something goes wrong like an accident or storm damage. It’s also our most popular policy.

If your car doesn’t need that much cover or Comprehensive is out of your budget, then take a look at a Third Party Property Damage policy. This still includes up to $30 million in liability cover which helps protect you if you damage other cars and property after a covered incident, which will help cover the costs after an accident. And with Third Party Fire and Theft, your car’s still covered if it’s stolen or catches fire.

Terms and conditions apply. See the PDS for more details.

Yes, learners are covered if accompanied by a fully licensed driver. Excesses Apply.

If you have a Nominated Driver policy, learners have to be accompanied by a fully licensed driver over the age of age 25. See the PDS for more details.

If you’ve already made a claim and you want to see how it’s going, you can track it online or call us.

Make sure you have your claim number handy, it’s included in any email, SMS or letter we’ve sent about your claim.

This is only a summary, see everything that is and isn’t covered in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and read the Target Market Determinations.

Motor Vehicle Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. In offering these products, The Capricornian acts under its own Australian Financial Services Licence and under an agreement with the insurers, CGU. This is general information only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (‘your personal circumstances’).

In arranging this insurance The Capricornian Limited acts as an intermediary for CGU, not as your agent. The Capricornian Limited does not guarantee any claim or benefit payable under the insurance policy. We receive commission on insurance products details can be found in our Conditions of Use brochure. Before making decisions about any of these insurance products you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your circumstances and the applicable Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Target Market Determination (TMD), available at any Capricornian branch or by calling 1300 314 900 The Capricornian Ltd ABN 54 087 650 940 AFSL / ACL 246780.

Need Help?

Our friendly insurance specialists can answer your questions.

Tips to get in the know