Keep your money safe and secure
Visa has developed a number of tools and services to allow fraud to be managed effectively including the Verified by Visa program (link to this page) and Visa’s Zero Liability Policy* with Visa Debit. That means you won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent charges or unauthorised purchases made with your card or account information, so you can shop worry-free.
When using your Visa Debit to buy in-store, all you need to do is press ‘credit’. You’ll still be accessing your own money; the only difference is that you’ll be protected by Visa’s Zero Liability Policy*.
Protect your card and PIN:
- This section to be further developed at a later stage
- When you first receive your new card, sign it immediately
- If the card is a replacement, cut up your old card
- Don’t choose a number that’s easy for someone to guess
- Always cover your PIN when using ATM and EFTPOS machine
- If you believe an ATM has been tampered with, do not use it
- Be alert for anyone trying to observe you entering your PIN
- When shopping online, only deal with reputable companies, and check for the padlock symbol and https:// address
- If you are going overseas, advise us before you travel so that we can monitor any overseas transactions