Is your insurance ready for summer?

You may need more than sunscreen to protect your family home, contents and motor vehicles. Insurance through The Capricornian helps protect the things you love all year round.

Before you dip your toes into the water, get your camper out of storage, or make big holiday plans, contact The Capricornian to help make sure the things you love are protected with quality insurance cover.

To get you started, we’ve gathered a few tips to help you ensure that you’re insured for the increased risks that come with outdoor and summer activities.

Summer storm and flood insurance.

Summer storms – we all love them when they water our gardens – but not so much when they flood the living room or drop a tree onto the garage.

Like you, we’re locals, and we know flooding happens in the Capricorn region. 

That’s why CGU Building Insurance through The Capricornian automatically provides for certain losses caused by flood and water damage under their building and contents insurance. *

Many people don’t realise how susceptible their property is to flood. Even if you don’t live in a designated flood zone, there is still potential for water damage from clogged drains, heavy rain or inadequate drainage. *

Make sure you talk to an experienced insurance agent at The Capricornian to help you purchase the insurance policy that’s best for you.

Caravan Insurance.

Just like spaghetti and meatballs, Queensland and the great outdoors go hand in hand.

Before you head off for some “boating, camping, fishing”, be sure to double check your insurance.  Many policies do not cover caravans and camper-trailers within standard car insurance policies.

To make your outdoor getaway stress free, ask The Capricornian if you have enough cover to protect your towable accommodation.

Boat and Personal Watercraft Insurance.

Many people make the mistake of believing their boat, and their liability for injuries to others while operating their boat, are covered by their homeowners or renters policy

While there are limited situations where damage to your boat might be covered by your home insurance policy, it would be best to speak with a team member at The Capricornian about your boat coverage needs.

Be sure to check if your boat insurance covers:

  • Bodily injury to yourself, another rider, or a swimmer injured in your path (this is arguably the most important coverage because the damage amount is unknown, but can be significant if someone is seriously injured).
  • Property damage to items such as docks and other watercrafts.
  • Guest passenger liability.
  • Theft of your boat.

Insurance against home break-ins.

You may be planning a holiday, however thieves may be planning on entering your home while you’re out enjoying the summer sunshine.

With so many people soaking up the warm weather outside or being away on holidays, home break-ins can be higher during the summer months. Unoccupied home break-ins may be covered by home and contents insurance (contact CGU Insurance to confirm cover if the home is unoccupied for greater than 60 consecutive days), but the risk can be reduced by installing a security alarm system, motion detection lights and by having neighbours collect your mail, packages, and newspapers.

Ask The Capricornian if you have enough cover to protect you and the things you love.

* Policy limitations, conditions and exclusions apply

Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. In offering these products, The Capricornian acts under its own Australian Financial Services Licence and under an agreement with the insurers, CGU Insurance. This is general information only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (‘your personal circumstances’). In arranging this insurance The Capricornian Limited acts as an intermediary for CGU Insurance, not as your agent. The Capricornian Limited does not guarantee any claim or benefit payable under the insurance policy. We receive commission on insurance products, details can be found in our Conditions of Use brochure. Before making decisions about any of these insurance products you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your circumstances and the applicable Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Target Market Determination (TMD), available at any Capricornian branch or by calling 1300 314 900 The Capricornian Ltd. ABN 54 087 650 940. AFSL / ACL No. 246780.

See also