Home & Contents Insurance
Your home is likely to be your biggest asset and you are likely to have to replace many items within your home should something happen to it.
Through our partnership with CGU, we can offer market-leading coverage at an affordable price. Choose from three levels of protection that can be tailored, so that you only pay for the cover you need.
CGU provides you with access to a range of value added customer services such as fortnightly, monthly or annual premium payment options and a 24-hour Australia-wide Claims Hotline (13 24 80).
Levels of Cover:
- Accidental Damage (high level cover) – cover for your building and contents against almost any type of accidental loss or damage. This policy protects your contents both at home and anywhere in Australia or New Zealand, giving you even greater peace of mind and includes higher coverage limits for valuables
- Listed Events (standard level cover) – value for money cover for each of the events detailed in your policy, such as fire or explosion, lightning, earthquake, theft or attempted theft, malicious damage, cyclone, storm, rainwater or wind damage and even a car running into your house. It also includes flood cover.
- Fundamentals (basic level cover) – covers your building and contents against loss and damage at a budget-conscious price.
- New for old replacement cover for all contents and carpets
- Alternative accommodation expenses
- Valuable items cover
- Option to fortnightly or monthly at no extra cost
Home & Content Insurance is issued by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. In offering these products, The Capricornian acts under its own Australian Financial Services Licence and under an agreement with the insurers, CGU. This is general information only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (‘your personal circumstances’). In arranging this insurance The Capricornian Limited acts as an intermediary for CGU, not as your agent. The Capricornian Limited does not guarantee any claim or benefit payable under the insurance policy. We receive commission on insurance products details can be found in our Conditions of Use brochure. Before making decisions about any of these insurance products you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your circumstances and the applicable Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) available at any Capricornian branch or by calling 1300 314 900. The Capricornian Ltd ABN 54 087 650 940 AFSL / ACL No. 246780.