Keep your money safe and secure
Visa has developed a number of tools and services to allow fraud to be managed effectively including the Verified by Visa program and Visa’s Zero Liability Policy1 with Visa Debit. That means you won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent charges or unauthorised purchases made with your card or account information, so you can shop worry free. When using your Visa Debit to buy in-store, you’ll need to press ‘Credit’. You’ll still be accessing your own money; the only difference is that you’ll be protected by Visa’s Zero Liability Policy1.
Protect your card and PIN:
- When you first receive your new card, sign it immediately.
- If the card is replacement, cut up your old card.
- Don’t choose a number that’s easy for someone to guess.
- Always cover you PIN when using ATM and EFTPOS machine.
- If you believe an ATM has been tampered with, do not use it.
- Be alert for anyone trying to observe you entering your PIN.
- When shopping online, only deal with reputable companies, and check for the padlock symbol and https:// address.
- If you are going overseas, advise us before you travel so that we can monitor any overseas transactions.
1 Visa’s Zero Liability policy covers Australian and New Zealand-issued cards and does not apply to ATM transactions, transactions not processed by Visa or certain commercial card transactions. Cardholders should notify their issuer promptly of any unauthorised Visa use. Please consult your issuer for additional details.