The Capricornian Increases Home & Business Loan Interest Rates
Posted on June 29th, 2018
The Capricornian has today announced it will increase interest rates across its variable home loans and Lines of Credit for owner-occupiers and investors, as well as interest rates on its business loans.
CEO Dale Grounds said the decision was a regrettable one and had been driven by recent increases in funding costs. “While there has been no increase in the official cash rate, there has been a sustained increase in 30 and 90 day BBSW levels. This means we are paying more for funding than we were 6 months ago. This small increase will help offset that.” Mr Grounds said an exception will be The Capricornian’s 12 month Introductory Rate (Owner Occupied) Home Loan with the rate remaining at 3.99% p.a.
Rates will increase for new applications in the following products effective 1 July 2018.
- Introductory Rate Home Loan (36 months – no longer available) by 0.10% p.a.
- Introductory Rate Investment Loan (36 months – no longer available) by 0.11% p.a.
- Introductory Rate Investment Loan (12 months) by 0.11% p.a.
- Variable Rate (Owner Occupied) Home Loans by 0.09% p.a.
- Variable Rate (Investment) Home Loans by 0.11% p.a.
- Variable Rates Lines of Credit by 0.09% p.a.
- Business Loans by 0.11% p.a.
For existing members, the rate increase will be effective 1 August 2018. All current members will receive notice in writing of this change.
Full details of The Capricornian’s interest rates including comparison rates are available at www.capricornian.com.au.